National Health Mission (NHM)
Under the National Health Mission scheme of the Government of India, in the past, the National Rural Health Mission was included to bring the AYUSH system of medicine into the mainstream. In the State of MP, under this scheme, 526 AYUSH Medical Officers and Pharmacists are working on contract in Primary Health Centers / Community Health Centers and Civil Hospitals of Public Health and Family Welfare Department.
National Ayush Mission
Under the Department of AYUSH, State AYUSH Mission Society has been formed at the state level for the implementation of the National AYUSH Mission Scheme of the Government of India. The proposal of the National AYUSH Mission, the executive body of the society and the governing body, is prepared according to the plan of the Government of India and sent to the Government of India receiving SAAP and implementation is carried out as per the approval.
Schemes under National AYUSH Mission -
- AYUSH Medicines/Aid for Community/Primary Health Center
- Upgradation of AYUSH dispensaries and assistance for essential medicines
- Establishment of 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH and Specialty Hospital
- Promotion of Public Health Activities
- Ayush Village
- Starting Yoga Wellness.
- To extend specialized facilities in AYUSH educational institutions.
- Quality control of AYUSH drugs.
- To enhance the capacity of AYUSH pharmacies and drug testing laboratories for quality of medicines.
- Establishment of AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres, providing facilities for Yoga and Panchakarma.
International Yoga Day
In Madhya Pradesh, the School Education Department has been made the Nodal Agency for the organization of the International Yoga Day. The main program is organized in Bhopal,. Programs are also organized in ther District headquarters with the cooperation of all the departments.
On the occasion of International Yoga Day on 21st June 2020, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the people in the state were motivated by the Department of AYUSH to participate in the yoga program from their homes.