Unani Hospital was established in 1930 in a building of archaeological importance. It is famous as Unani Shifakhana.
- Owned and operated by Department of AYUSH, Madhya Pradesh.
- Establishment of Government Unani Pharmacy was undertaken in the same building on 01.12.1981.
- Manufacture of famous and extremely beneficial Unani medicines for more than 40 years.
- Supply of medicines for free distribution to patients in Government Unani Hospitals and Dispensaries across the state.
- Manufacturing of medicines worth 1.0 to 1.5 crore per year.
- Manufacturing of medicines worth more than one crore sixty six lakh twenty six thousand in the year 2019.
- In view of the ever-increasing demand, resolve to manufacture medicines worth 2 crores.
- Use of colorful stickers under innovation.
- Attractive packing.
- Promotional efforts.
- Efforts to participate in self-reliant India
Operated under the Directorate of AYUSH Department. Manufacture and supply work of medicines meant for District Hospitals and College Hospitals, for the availability of quality Ayurvedic medicinals for the patients is done in the State-level Government Ayurveda Pharmacy located in Gwalior.
Establishment of Ayurveda Pharmacy in the times of the Gwalior State was undertaken in the year 1918. This then travelled to different places, and, it is going on in the present building from the year 1956. The building is spread over 50 thousand square feet, in which the main work is done. The building is divided formally into the Office Wing and the Pharmacy Wing. Pharmacy Bing is divided into 6 parts from the functional view-point.
- Construction Department -
In this department, primarily Kashtoshadha-based scriptural formulations are manufactured with machines under the supervision of doctors.
- Department of Chemistry –
In this department, formulations of mineral origin and Asav-Arishta, Ointment etc. are made under the supervision of doctors by scriptural methods.
- Packing Department -
The manufactured medicines are duly packed and sent to the dispatch department.
- Ayurveda Dispatch Department –
This can be termed as the manufactured medicine store, where District AYUSH Officers and Principals of all the State Colleges get medicines, based on their demand for the dispensaries and hospitals run under jurisdiction.
- Store Department -
The main work of this department is the storage of raw medicine of the entire pharmacy. From this department, from time to time, whenever desired, the constituent substances of the formulations are made available to the Construction Department.
- Quality Control Department -
In this department, doctors discharge the responsibility of quality monitoring of the drug manufacturing process and the quality testing of finished drugs.
The construction target of this institution, under the Directorate of AYUSH, has been set since 2005. Out of which, as per the plan, on the annual demand letter, raw medicines are made available by the Directorate.
The following posts are approved for production and supply work:-
- Class I Superintendent Pharmacy - 01 Post
- Class II Assistant Superintendent Pharmacy - 01 Post
- Class II Ayurveda Medical Officer - 07 Posts
- Class III Compounder - 07 Posts
- Class III Mechanic/Assistant Mechanic - 01 Post each
- Class III Carpenter - 01 post
- Class III Driver - 01 post
- Class III Office Senior Head Clerk - 01 Post
- Class III Accountant - 01 Post
- Class III Assistant Grade 2 - 06 Posts
- Class III Assistant Grade 3 - 04 Posts
- Class IV Cleaner - 01 Post
- Class IV Office Chowkidar -03 Posts
- Class IV Swachhak -02 Posts
- Class IV Bhritya -03 Posts
- Class IV posts engaged in drug manufacturing and supply process in different departments of pharmacy - 24 posts
- Class IV Packer - 08 posts
- Class IV Khalasi - 05 posts.
In the last 3 years, the following medicines have been made available by the pharmacy to the departmental medical institutions.